Best Swag ideas for your 5k, half marathon or other running event
We’re totally serious when we say that one of the best parts of running or walking in a race is the race shirt you get as a souvenir (besides reaching the finish line, of course). But wouldn’t it be nice if you got some other types of race swag as well. Swag.com is here to help! Keep reading for great goodies to gift your participants with at your next running event. These options are good both as pre-race giveaways or as post-race gifts to finishers. Or bundle them in a cool swag bag to create a fun swag pack takeaway.
Hats are a must when creating a goodie bag for race day. Whether you want to help participants keep the sun out of their face during the race or be able to sport it on an everyday basis, we’ve got you covered. Or if your event is during the cooler months, consider gifting them a sporty beanie or ear band t to keep their heads and ears warm while they brave the cold. Here are some of our favorite hats for runners:
- Mesh Runner Cap – The lightweight, sweat-wicking Mesh Runner Cap is the perfect solution for any physical activity! The runner style cap is all mesh, including the crown for an extra lightweight feel!
- Cotton Dad Had – This is our most popular hat for everyday use. Comes in a range of colors and is one-size fits all
- Cotton Beanie – great option for colder months. Fits snuggly and keeps heads warm on at those cold morning races in the fall and winter or a chilly trail race.
- Striped Pom-Pom Beanie – This beanie is a great option for a little more fun look for a cold weather race. Especially fun for a Turkey Trot or another light-hearted 5K.
2) Sunscreen, Lip Balm
Running a race in the sweltering heat? Provide your participants with a sunscreen stick, personalized with the name of your race or company on the label. Not only will they be able to protect their skin from the UV rays, but you can guarantee that they’ll be using this handy sun stick all summer long. Or another option is a lip balm with SPF protection.
3) Water bottles
You can never go wrong with a water bottle to help your runners rehydrate after a few hours of hard work. We have a wide variety of colors, shapes, and sizes that will fit every budget and preference. A few of our favorites are:
- Karma bottle – A glass bottle with a silcone cover that is avaible in a number of great colors
- The Swag bottle is our most popular option. Available in a few sizes and lots of fun colors, this double walled stainless steel bottle keeps drinks cold for hours.
- Contigo Chug – This bottle has a one-touch push-button, carrying handle with carabiner, and locking mechanism is the perfect solution for ensuring you stay hydrated on the go!
Participants will be excited about bringing these giveaways to future workouts or the office after race day is over.
Tired of giving out the same race day t-shirt every year? Consider branching out – especially in the colder months – and gifting runners with a soft, warm hoodie or pullover with your logo on it! This idea will be especially helpful for the Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot or other winter orholiday races. Participants will be thankful for the extra layer to throw on before or after the race. Hoodie, pullover, crewneck, and half-zip — whatever style you like best, we have it! Here are some of our favorites:
- Bella Zip-Up – This full-zip is a great option. Soft, a nice fit, great colors. Good for layering. What more could you want? Awesome pockets? It has those too
- Crew Pullover – A classic pullover sweatshirt in comfy, super-soft fleece designed for warmth and breathability. Great for wearing while running or just chilling.
- Pullover Hoodie – A great pullover with a hood should be in every runner’s wardrobe. This American Apparel pullover is one of our most populars.
5) Phone and Tech accessories
Most runner’s can’t leave their phones behind. Whether to track their progress, stream their music or just to feel safe, our smartphones and other tech have been crucial equipment for our runs. Here are some great options for giveaways that will help your runner’s get more out of their tech:
- Neoprene Arm Band – Spend your workout listening to music hassle – free with a high-quality neoprene with an adjustable elastic armband to hold your phone. Great for branding as a giveaway.
- Silicone Wallet – This option is perfect for athletes who don’t have the space to carry a large wallet or purse. With this convenient accessory, they’ll be able to grab their phone, house key, and head out the door for a jog. Plus, they’ll be able to stop for coffee on the way back, without having to take a purse with them.
- Wireless Earbuds or Headphones – These wireless earbuds are great for runners. They are splash and sweatproof, fit and stay nicely in runner’s ears and sound fantastic. We have many options for wireless headphones or earbuds, any of them would make a great swag pack addition.
Even with all these suggestions, we still love a good t-shirt as giveaway or as race shirt for runners to wear while on the course. Of course, Swag.com has plenty of t-shirt options to choose from.
The key to providing great gifts for your participants is providing them with things they’ll actually use in the future. Not only will finishers be excited to receive a goody bag full of high-quality and fun products, you won’t be wasting your money on items that will get thrown away at the end of the day.