Stylish and functional branded water bottles remain one of the best corporate gifts.
- They work great as a gift in an employee welcome kit.
- They’re perfect for nurturing your valued customers.
- They’re a quintessential giveaway item at trade shows.
Never underestimate the power of your logo on a water bottle!
That said, choosing water bottles for corporate gifts is more than just picking any water bottle and calling it a day. There are several aspects of custom water bottles that you’ll want to take into consideration—including the materials used in the bottle itself.
Not sure which water bottle material is best for gifting? We’ve got you covered. Here are the most common water bottle materials—and the pros and cons of each one.
Plastic is the most common type of material used in water bottles. It’s seen everywhere, from classic water bottles in the grocery store to trendy plastic water bottles with unique designs and logos.
One of the biggest upsides to plastic bottles is that the majority of them are dishwasher safe on the top rack. For those who want to spend less time cleaning dishes, having drinking vessels that you can throw in the dishwasher and not worry about is a lifesaver. They’re also lightweight, easy to carry, and tend to be the least expensive water bottle material on the market.
However, plastic water bottles don’t come without flaws. The most glaring con of a plastic bottle is the question of how safe it is—especially when exposed to heat. This is why a lot of manufacturers are moving to bottles that are labeled “BPA free.”
Even BPA-free plastic bottles can experience color fading and warping when exposed to heat and sunlight. They’re also meant to be replaced every few years at the very least, meaning that they don’t make a great long-term investment.
The primary benefits of this material are its lower up-front cost and ease of use.
What is BPA?
BPA stands for “Bisphenol A.” It’s an industrial chemical used in the production of plastics and resins, such as polycarbonate plastics and epoxy resins.
Polycarbonate plastics are often used in food and beverage containers, while epoxy resins are used to coat the inside of various metal products, from beverage cans to water pipes.
Is BPA dangerous?
There is research to suggest that BPA can transfer from beverage and food containers into the foods and drinks that you consume. Although BPA is thought to be safe at very low levels, it has been potentially linked to adverse health effects—especially in children and infants.
There’s also research that suggests a possible link between BPA in food and beverage consumption and some other adverse health effects, like increased blood pressure or type 2 diabetes.
Regardless, the best solution is to choose BPA-free drinkware. Luckily, Swag.com has a ton of options to choose from!
Our pick for branded plastic water bottles
We like this BPA-free 26oz Surfside Bottle for maximum hydration. It has a simple, clean design and comes in two rad colors!
Aluminum is another common water bottle material often sought after by hikers and outdoor enthusiasts.
- Compared to their stainless steel counterparts, aluminum water bottles are typically less expensive.
- Despite their lower cost, they still provide many of the temperature-keeping benefits of steel.
- They’re also lighter than steel water bottles, which is why they’re perfect for outdoor activities.
However, aluminum has some downsides.
- On their own, aluminum water bottles can react with certain liquids. To prevent this reaction, a special liner is required on the inside of the bottle.
- The lighter weight of aluminum also comes with an additional downside: aluminum water bottles dent more easily than stainless steel if the bottle is dropped.
- The protective liner inside each bottle means that most aluminum bottles are not dishwasher safe, which can be a dealbreaker for some people.
These drawbacks can reduce interest in using aluminum as a material for water bottles.
Our pick for custom aluminum water bottles
For an amazing aluminum water bottle option, we love the 28oz Allure Bottle—it has a protective liner that’s BPA-free! We offer this bottle in Matte Black, Matte Silver, Matte Red, and Blue to match multiple logo styles.
Stainless steel is viewed as a high-end water bottle material, with plenty of upsides compared to the other materials on this list.
- Water bottles made of stainless steel typically use food-grade stainless steel, meaning that they don’t require any lining or leach any chemicals.
- They’re naturally insulated to keep your drink at a certain temperature for longer, just like aluminum bottles.
- Stainless steel bottles are also an amazing investment since they’re highly durable and can last for years if they’re well taken care of.
Despite being one of the highest quality water bottle materials on the market, stainless steel does have some downsides.
- Stainless steel is typically much pricier than plastic or aluminum (although you get what you pay for).
- Similar to aluminum, steel bottles are also not usually dishwasher safe, and hand washing is recommended.
- Unlike aluminum bottles, stainless steel is heavier and might not be ideal for those who want or need a lightweight option.
Our pick for branded stainless steel water bottles
The 17oz S’well Bottle is a great stainless steel water bottle option for corporate gifting. It even comes in 11 unique and bold colors!
Last but certainly not least, we have glass water bottles.
- Glass water bottles have a reputation for being the “cleanest” way to drink water.
- They’re well-insulated, don’t leach any chemicals, and best of all, many glass water bottles are dishwasher safe!
- Glass water bottles also have a stylish, sleek design, depending on the bottle you choose.
Custom glass water bottles are a fantastic, high-quality option for healthy hydration.
Although glass is one of our favorite materials, there are a couple of downsides—price being one of them.
- Like stainless steel, this high-quality material carries a higher price tag.
- Glass bottles are also more likely to break when dropped on a hard surface. However, this can be offset with a nice silicone bottle sleeve!
Our pick for custom glass water bottles
Swag.com has a fantastic glass water bottle with a protective silicone sleeve: The 18oz Bali Bottle. This is a stylish gift for both employees and customers!
Find the best branded water bottles at Swag.com
We’ve got you covered—no matter what material you’re looking for!
Whether you want to customize bottles made of plastic, aluminum, stainless steel, or glass, you’ll find great options available right here.
Ready to show your employees and clients some love? Check out our great collection of water bottles today!
Want to chat with an expert about your swag or gifting needs? Fill out the form below and one of our Swag Curators will reach out as soon as possible!